- Blog / Recipes
Blog / Recipes
Posted by SMItaly Family on 4th May 2018
Not everyone is a mushroom lover, but if you are, you're in luck! Today we're featuring two of our favorite mushroom pasta recipes!
1.Mushroom Orecchiette or Macaroni
- 6 ounces of orecchiette pasta or macaroni
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 12 ounces brown mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and minced
- 3 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pot, pour in some water and season with salt. Add the macaroni and boil it to al dante.
- Now, slice the mushrooms in thick layers.
- In a large skillet placed over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once it sizzles, add the onions and the garlic and sauté them.
- Now, toss in the mushrooms and add some water. Cook for 5 minutes or until the water dries up, leaving golden-brown mushrooms behind.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter and stir to form a smooth, mushroom-buttery gravy.
- Now, add the macaroni, the preserved pasta water and garnish with some parmesan cheese.
2.Creamy Garlic Parsley Pasta with Mushrooms
- 8 ounces of linguini
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 4 tbsp butter, divided into 2
- 15 ounces of fresh/canned mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 tsp of Italian herbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of cream (option for additional creaminess)
- In a large pot, pour in water and some oil. Toss in the linguini and boil it until it is al dante.
- In a deep saucepan, add in 2 tbsp of butter and melt it over medium heat. Toss in one garlic clove and cook it for a minute until it is aromatic. Then, toss in the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and turned golden-brown. Pull out the mushrooms and place them aside.
- Now, in the saucepan add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and let it melt over medium heat. Toss in the remaining garlic cloves and sauté. Add the herbs and the flour and whisk well to prevent lumpiness.
- While stirring/ whisking, gently pour in the milk to mix everything well until a thick paste is formed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain out the linguini and add it in the paste. Toss in the mushrooms and add some olive oil as well as pasta water to prevent too much thickening.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Get your hands on the ingredients at affordable prices and mushroom away your weekend with the most delicious pastas ever
Blooming with the title of Fliners rose, Caperberries are an abiding winter crop and commonly found in Asia or around the Mediterranean areas.So, no wonder Italy is one of the prominent places where you can find these fruitful berries. Promising authentic Italian ingredients, Supermarket Italy brings to you the freshest and highest quality of organic, Italian caperberries in the heart of [...]
Everybody loves pasta but it’s not always the healthiest option considering the amount of calories in it.But, how you eat something is not so hard to fix.Below are a couple of healthy pasta recipes that can really help you stay fit:1.Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Artichokes Ingredients Artichokes, halved (3 cups)10 ounces of penne pastaOlive OilLampascioni (2, diced)Garlic cloves [...]
Is Balsamic Vinegar A Healthier Substitute For Salad Dressing?In the ancient times, balsamic vinegar was used as a healing agent. But, today, this is a commonly found kitchen ingredient that we use in different comfort meals that we cook.Personally, I have been using balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing for a while. The ingredient sparks up the tanginess of [...]
2 Easy Ways to Use Prosciutto in Your Homemade Specialty FoodVibe to the breezes of winter as you serve classic Italian food at Sunday Dinner that you so impatiently wait for all week and nail your dishes with the power of prosciutto. Let’s take a look at some of the easiest ways to use prosciutto in your homemade gourmet [...]
Bask in the delights of homemade Italian gourmet food this year with healthy Italian meat and seafood options. Enjoy hearty specialty food, rich in Italian herbs and their taste-bud wagging flavors using Italian seasonings and salami!Here are a few easy yet prodigious ways to use salami in preparing gastronomic Italian cuisines using protein-packed salami:1. Salami Angel HairIngredients: Extra virgin olive [...]
Why is Decaf Italian Coffee Better?Did you know that although coffee was discovered in Ethiopia, it was first adopted by Italians and then introduced to the whole of Europe and all the colonies linked with it?Cappuccino, Macchiato, Maraschino, Espresso- all of these coffees that we consume on a daily basis have their roots dug deep into the roots of Italy, [...]
5 Reasons Why You Need To Replace Your Regular Cooking Oil with Extra Virgin Olive OilIt is hard convincing kids to consume healthier food options when all they want is a juicy hamburger or French fries all day long, isn’t it?But, eating healthy doesn’t always have to be avoiding oils at all times, particularly when even healthier culinary [...]
Italian cuisines are incomplete without the staple ingredient- olives. For centuries, olives are used as not only an Italian ingredient but also for its well-known medical properties.Where some people devour olives like candies, others do not seem to have these black blessings on their good books. But the health secrets you are about to find out regarding the use [...]
Trust me, no matter how healthy greens are; eating them feels no less than agony but who says eating green has to feel so mean?Italian gourmet meals are easy to make at home. And since there is plenty of room for customization, you can always replace ingredients with healthy, green options. In case you are being mean to [...]