Healthy Pasta Recipes
Posted by SMItaly Family on April 12, 2018
Everybody loves pasta but it’s not always the healthiest option considering the amount of calories in it.
But, how you eat something is not so hard to fix.
Below are a couple of healthy pasta recipes that can really help you stay fit:
1.Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Artichokes
- Artichokes, halved (3 cups)
- 10 ounces of penne pasta
- Olive Oil
- Lampascioni (2, diced)
- Garlic cloves (8 large, minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian herbs
- All purpose flour (4 tbsp)
- Veggie stock (2 ½ cups)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay out the artichokes and drizzle some olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, pour the olive oil and let it heat up. Toss in garlic and lampascioni. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the flour and stir gently. Then add almond milk and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Add Italian herbs to enhance the aroma and flavor of the Italian gourmet meal.
- Add the boiled penne and stir. Add the baked artichokes, mix and serve.
- Fettuccini pasta (8 ounces, boiled)
- Tomatoes (4, boiled)
- Olive oil (1/2 tbsp)
- Garlic (1 tbsp, minced)
- Garlic powder (1.4 tsp)
- Almond milk (1/2 cup, organic)
- Onion powder (1/2 tsp)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Parsley (chopped)
- Boil pasta for 2 less minutes as per the instructions. Pull out and keep it aside.
- In a large pan, drizzle some olive oil and sauté garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- In a blender, toss in the boiled tomatoes, milk, sautéed garlic, yeast, lemon juice, online powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Process to form a red-white paste.
- In a skillet, pour in the paste to cook it and sprinkle Italian seasonings.
- Toss in the fettuccini and mix well.
- You can add boiled mushrooms, spinach and broccoli for an even better gourmet meal.
- Top it off with parsley and serve.
3.Tomato Basil Spaghetti
- Boiled spaghetti (6-oz)
- Basil leaves (1 large, chopped)
- Tomato puree (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (4, minced)
- Boiled tomato (1 large)
- Slightly boiled Mushrooms (1/2 cup)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Wine or water (3 tbsp)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Boil the spaghetti in a large pot of water seasoned with salt.
- In a food processor, toss in the boiled tomatoes, tomato paste and pour in water. Blend to form a mixture.
- In a deep pan, drizzle olive oil and sauté garlic for a few minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and sprinkle some salt.
- Add the sauce into the heated pan and stir well. Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian herbs for flavor.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some water.
- Add spaghetti and mix well. Sprinkle some more salt and pepper.
- Top it off with a basil leave and serve