Simple ways to cook vegan pasta
Posted by Smitaly Family on November 28, 2017
3 Simple Ways to Cook Pasta for Vegans
Who says you need prosciutto to revel in deluxe Italian gourmet food when you can make an even better version with artichokes?
Let’s take a look at three easy ways to prepare Italian food in healthy, vegan options:
1.Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
- Grape tomatoes, halved (3 cups)
- Penne (10 ounces. You can choose any other pasta from Supermarket Italy as well.)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Only authentic Italian will do)
- Lampascioni (2, diced)
- Garlic cloves (8 large, minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- All purpose flour (4 tbsp)
- Veggie stock (2 ½ cups)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay out tomatoes sprinkled with olive oil, sea salt and pepper on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic and lampascioni. Add salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the flour and stir gently. Then add almond milk and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Add Italian seasonings to elevate the fragrance and taste of the Italian gourmet food.
- Add your boiled pasta and mix well. Add the roasted tomatoes, mix and serve.
- Artichokes (2, boiled and peeled)
- Extra virgin olive oil (1/2 tbsp) (Again, only authentic Italian will do!)
- Garlic (1 tbsp, minced)
- Almond milk (1/2 cup, organic)
- Onion powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garlic powder (1.4 tsp)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fettuccini pasta (8 ounces, boiled)
- Parsley (chopped)
- Boil pasta for 2 less minutes as per the instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, add olive oil and sauté garlic for 4-5 minutes over low heat.
- In a blender, add the boiled artichokes, milk, sautéed garlic, yeast, lemon juice, online powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend to form a smooth paste.
- Add the blended paste to a large pot and add Italian herbs for seasoning. Cook on low heat and mix well.
- Add the boiled pasta and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add boiled mushrooms, spinach and broccoli for an even better gourmet meal.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
3.Tomato Basil Cream Linguini
- Boiled tomato (1 large)
- Slightly boiled Mushrooms (1/2 cup)
- Cashews (handful)
- Tomato puree (1 tbsp)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Garlic (4, minced)
- Boiled linguini (6-oz)
- Wine or water (3 tbsp)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Basil leaves (1 large, chopped)
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the linguini.
- In a blender, add a boiled tomato, cashews, tomato paste and water. Blend to form a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic until golden. Add mushrooms and season with salt.
- Pour the blended sauce into the simmering pan and mix well. Add salt, pepper and Italian herbs to taste.
- Add water to thin the sauce (optional).
- Add linguini pasta and mix well. Season with black pepper and more salt.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve. (The beautiful basil leaf on top is our favorite part!)
All the recipes are vegan-friendly and easy to cook. But the best part is you can find all the ingredients at America’s best Italian grocery store - Supermarket Italy!